Just started using WordPress. This is my first post.
This is the stack I am using:
- Linode 1GB SSD based cloud server
- mySQL database for backend
- WordPress distribution deployed using Apache2 server
I am very happy with the performance and responsiveness of the website so far. I also changed name servers so that I can use Linode’s DNS management system (which is free!).
Here are the steps which I had to take to set up the stack from scratch:
- Creating a 1GB Linode with Ubuntu
- Setting up LAMP stack
- Setting up WordPress
- Setting up DNS manager and reverse DNS
That was it!
I encountered some issues during Theme installation but setting the right permission level on directories and files recursively solved the issue.
755 for directories
644 for files
Things are working. It’s awesome!